AmigaActive (1179/2143)

From:Kevin Twyman
Date:15 May 2000 at 21:37:05
Subject:Re: ArtEffect and loading pictures to start with...

Hello Alan,

On 15-May-00, you wrote:

>> /* */
>> parse arg pic
>> if ~show('P','ARTEFFECT') then address command 'Run

> el neato Neil!

> one day i'll have to learn this ARexx thing 8-)

I give it a go from time to time, it is amazingly usefull, and should
be given some mag space (hint)

Here's one I did to load the pics from my DC210 camera download
directory into "ImageDesk", a somewhat old, but extremely usefull pic
cataloguer.

/* /Scans and makes thumbnails of Pix from Digital Camera download directory / */

OPTIONS RESULTS

IF ~SHOW(ports, "IDESK_REXXPORT") THEN
DO
ADDRESS COMMAND "run programs:graphics/ImageDesk/ImageDesk"
ADDRESS COMMAND "waitforport IDESK_REXXPORT"
END

if( ADDRESS() ~= "IDESK_REXXPORT" ) then
ADDRESS IDESK_REXXPORT

/* /Alter the TARGET string to your download directory path/ */

TARGET = "Work2:DC210_download"

GENTHUMBNAILS TARGET

EXIT

This script is called from an icon, using IconX, like this:

rx programs:graphics/Imagedesk/Rexx/ShowCAMERAPIX.IDesk

I have this icon set up in toolsdaemon, so once I've downloaded
the pix it's just a matter of selecting "DC210 pictures" and they
are loaded and displayed as thumbnails.

Regards,

Kevin - Est. 1949 http://www.theboyz.freeserve.co.uk
A man with an Amiga A4000T CyberStormPPC 604e/233

Never trust a man who says "trust me." Except just this once.

IT Professionals: Match your unique skills with the best IT projects at